[cabfpub] Not coming to Switzerland in June :-(

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu Feb 5 09:42:54 MST 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Gervase Markham <gerv at mozilla.org> wrote:
> Dear CAB Forum members,
>
> Unfortunately, Mozilla has scheduled a get-together the same week as the
> CAB Forum meeting in Switzerland at the end of June, so I will not be
> able to make it, or to dial in, and it's unlikely that any other Mozilla
> representative would be able to either.
>
> I don't want to have delusions of my own importance, but it has been
> noted before that it's important to have browser participation in
> face-to-face meetings. I also note that our friends at Google and Opera
> have not been attending in person recently, with their last attendances
> being:
>
> Opera: Meeting 30 (Sep 2013)
> Google: Meeting 28 (Feb 2013)

> Hence, I thought I'd note our planned absence so that if Microsoft were
> not planning to send anyone (and neither were Google or Opera), we could
> at least discuss whether the CAs in the group would prefer to meet
> alone, or would prefer to investigate an alternative week (by
> arrangement with our gracious hosts).
>
> Ryan? Jody? Sigbjorn?
>
> Gerv

Hi Gerv,

Looks like you made a typo; we hosted the February 2014 F2F here in
Mountain View, and, while unable to attend the Beijing F2F in
September, I remotely dialed in for all of the non-WG-specific
meetings (which we don't participate in anyways).

It's unclear at this time with regards to the Switzerland F2F, but do
you have alternate dates or times that might work better for you, so
as to inform the discussion?