[cabfpub] Ballot 158: Adopt Code Signing Baseline Requirements

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Thu Dec 17 10:53:52 MST 2015

On 17/12/15 17:49, Jeremy Rowley wrote:
> As I just pointed out, the CAB Forum adopted EV Code signing long
> before it ever worked on SSL BRs.

That's true, of course. In hindsight, that might not have been the
greatest thing. Perhaps we let the branding of it as "EV" influence our
view; perhaps our view has changed.

> Will Mozilla now vote no on every
> ballot because of the openness and transparency issue?

No. While we continue to push for more openness and transparency in the
CAB Forum, we believe that it's easily the least-worst place to work on
SSL ecosystem improvements and so plan to continue our (hopefully
constructive) contributions and membership on SSL issues.