[cabfpub] Browsers & Enrollment (was Re: Edge Browser Can't View Certificate)

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Thu Aug 27 23:24:12 UTC 2015

On 27/08/15 16:15, Geoff Keating wrote:
> It’d be great if someone could write up what the recommended
> alternative is; and if there isn’t one, what one might look like.
> For example, should this be done with JavaScript?

Editing the certificate store on a platform is going to require running
native code, and browsers are not going to be doing that for you.

So it seems to me (very much from the outside of the problem) that you
will need either:

a) a step-by-step upload/download guide, using the in-built platform
capabilities for editing the store and HTML forms for data exchange; or

b) your own native code application which the user downloads and runs to
help with the process.

I suspect a) might be quite difficult to make usable.