[cabfpub] Fwd: [CABFORUM] Questions on the network & certificate system security requirements

Tim Hollebeek THollebeek at trustwave.com
Fri Aug 21 19:10:04 UTC 2015

The way this is handled in financial standards is to explicitly state in the requirements that information can be stored or transmitted outside of secure environments as long as it is appropriately protected (confidential information is encrypted and information being relied upon for security decisions is appropriately integrity protected and authenticated).

This is generally all it takes to restore sanity to the interpretation of such requirements, so I'd suggest we do something similar here.

-Tim