[cabfpub] Small errors in the BRs

Rick Andrews Rick_Andrews at symantec.com
Mon Aug 24 16:04:02 MST 2015

Gerv,

Thanks to you, we have a Bugzilla instance for tracking errata like this: https://bugzilla.cabforum.org/enter_bug.cgi

-Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: public-bounces at cabforum.org [mailto:public-bounces at cabforum.org] On Behalf Of Gervase Markham
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2015 3:30 PM
To: CABFPub
Subject: [cabfpub] Small errors in the BRs

Hi everyone,

Kathleen has noticed a couple of errors in the BRs (1.3.0). I believe we have provisions for editorial discretion - is it OK for Ben or someone to fix them using that power? Details below.

Gerv

==
"7.1.4.2.1. Subject Alternative Name Extension
Required/Optional: Required"

It's missing the line "Certificate Field: extensions:subjectAltName"
==

and

==
"7.1.4.2.2. Subject Distinguished Name Fields a. Certificate Field: subject:commonName (OID 2.5.4.3)
Required/Optional: Deprecated (Discouraged, but not prohibited)
Contents: If present, this field MUST contain a single IP address or Fully‐Qualified Domain Name that is one of the values contained in the Certificate’s subjectAltName extension (see Section 9.2.1)."

The 9.2.1 should be 7.1.4.2.1
==