[cabfpub] Fwd: [CABFORUM] Questions on the network & certificate system security requirements

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Fri Aug 21 13:28:17 MST 2015

When I said security, I was thinking of availability, but that would be a contractual issue between the CA and the CDN – right now the requirement in section 4.10.2 is 10 seconds -- “The CA SHALL operate and maintain its CRL and OCSP capability with resources sufficient to provide a response time of ten seconds or less under normal operating conditions.   The CA SHALL maintain an online 24x7 Repository that application software can use to automatically check the current status of all unexpired Certificates issued by the CA.”