[cabfpub] Domain validation

Eddy Nigg eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Thu Apr 16 15:07:54 UTC 2015

On 04/16/2015 05:48 PM, Anoosh Saboori wrote:

> Sorry for late chime in, since I was out for few weeks and thanks
> Jeremy for sending this out. I have two questions:
>
> 1.Regarding #5 below, it is not clear to me what constitutes as
> "Domain Authorization Document"? Can a lawyer send this document?
>
> 2.#6 does not seems to be at par with the rest of items which require
> checking CName record, DNS record changes, control over IP, ...
> Anybody with a temporary control a web site can pass this test. Can we
> make this requirement stronger, maybe by combing it with one of the
> other bullets?

I'm not sure, but number #9 seems to be a bit risky too - why should
somebody controlling an IP address to which I point a host name of mine
get a certificate for said domain? Example, if I point some host name to
a service provider (Cloud, Akamai) they shouldn't be able to obtain
certificates for that.

--
Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO