[cabfpub] FW: SANS NewsBites Vol. 17 Num. 026 : Health Care Data Increased Risk; Federal CIOs Say OMB Reporting Requirements Not Helpful; US Retailers Must Adopt Chip-Based Payment Card Technology by October or Assume Breach Liability; China Delays...

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Apr 6 08:39:24 UTC 2015

On 04/04/15 01:24, Richard Wang wrote:
> I agree the editor opinion that browser should treat west CA same as China CA!

As Ryan has noted, our longer document explains why we took the action
we did, and our view of the similarities with and differences from other
incidents. As you can see, the nationality of the CA was not a factor we
considered (despite pressure to do so).

One important criteria for us in the discussion was that we should
choose a course of action which could be applied to any CA which had
done the same thing with the same circumstances, whatever its size,
place of business or any other factor which should be irrelevant.

All other CAs should therefore take equal note of what happened, and
make sure they do not find themselves in the same position.