[cabfpub] Auditor question

Sheehy, Don (CA - Toronto) dosheehy at deloitte.ca
Tue Apr 21 09:44:37 UTC 2015

Jeremy - as the guidelines are currently written, the issue is not whether there is audit duplication - the issue is whether the primary CA has sufficient monitoring controls to ensure that the obligations are being met at RA level for example. It is those controls that we would need to audit.  If they do not, then we as primary auditor need to obtain other evidence that controls exist - and that may require us visiting the other party or using the work of another auditor as long as certain criteria are met and sufficient information can be obtained.

If an audit is expected only at the primary CA, then the guidelines need to be concise as to that fact

Donald E. Sheehy, CPA, CA, CISA, CRISC, CIPP/C, CITP
Partner | Enterprise Risk
Deloitte