[cabfpub] Domain validation revision proposal

kirk_hall at trendmicro.com kirk_hall at trendmicro.com
Fri Apr 3 16:30:36 MST 2015

After consideration, Chris Bailey and I are willing to drop the "attorney letter" method of confirming domain ownership or control from this updated BR 11.1.1 list, unless others object and want to keep it in.  I guess that would require amending the "Domain Authorization Document" to remove attorney and accountant letters.

While we think using an attorney letter is still a valid method (and it has been used to establish domain control without incident for complex domain licensing cases without incident over the past ten years), it is not indispensable.