[cabfpub] Domain validation

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Thu Apr 2 01:00:07 MST 2015

Hi Jeremy,

On 02/04/15 00:54, Jeremy Rowley wrote:
> I think I captured all of the comments so far. Circulating it for
> additional comments, which we will then discuss during the validation
> working group next week.

I find the following definition, with its various alternatives and
commas, very hard to follow:

"Domain Authorization Document: A Verified Legal Opinion, Verified
Accountant Letter, or Documentation provided by, or a CA’s documentation
of a communication with, a Domain Name Registrar, the Domain Name
Registrant, or the person or entity listed in WHOIS as the Domain Name
Registrant (including any private, anonymous, or proxy registration
service) attesting to the authority of an Applicant to request a
Certificate for a specific Domain Namespace."

Could you perhaps use bullet point and sub-bullets, or some other method
of clarifying the "bracketing" of the sentence?

(Just to note, I remain opposed to the idea that a random lawyer or
accountant's say-so is enough to prove domain control. They are
authoritative for many things, but not this.)