[cabfpub] FW: [cabfquest] CP Working Group Participation

Erwann Abalea erwann.abalea at opentrust.com
Mon Sep 15 09:57:23 UTC 2014

The following territories are not countries but are part of France
("départements d'outre-mer"):
  - French Guiana
  - Guadeloupe
  - Martinique
  - Mayotte
  - Reunion
  - but also Saint Martin (french part), and Saint Barthelemy
("collectivités d'outre-mer")

They each have a dedicated ISO3166 code ("Codes for the representation
of names of countries _and their subdivisions_" ), but are not covered
by the CABF definition of Country ("Either a member or the United
Nations OR a geographic region recognized as a sovereign nation by at
least two UN member nations").

I'm sure an englishman could remove other territories as well ;)

Regarding the proposed changes in BR 9.2.4, the logic was that for an
OV, either one of countryName+localityName or
countryName+stateOrProvinceName MUST be present. The proposed text
renders countryName mandatory but localityName AND stateOrProvinceName
optional.
If the territories listed in slide 2 are really countries without any
state/province division, they surely all have localities, so current
9.2.4 text can be enforced.

--
Erwann ABALEA