[cabfpub] Revocation Information

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Sep 23 06:07:58 MST 2014

On 23/09/14 13:53, Tim Shirley wrote:
> To clarify on question #1: are you looking for a set of URLs that
> provide revocation information *only* for non-EE certificates?  Put
> another way, would a CRL not be useful to you if it contained
> revocation information for both EE and non-EE certificates in the
> same file?

Good question. I wasn't aware such CRLs existed. If it were possible to
tell from the CRL which revocations were of which type, then this would
be fine, but I suspect it is not. Therefore, yes, the CRLs involved
would need to contain _only_ information about non-EE certificates. (I
mean, if there were one or two, that wouldn't be a disaster, but
hundreds would be difficult.)