[cabfpub] [cabfquest] Question concerning CAB Forum OCSP Requirments

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Tue Oct 28 08:33:38 MST 2014

Because, as explained in the prior email, a CA that chose to not use
nocheck, as you advocate, would be creating clear performance issues for
browsers and, in many subtle ways, could create misconfigurations that
would prevent revocation checking from working.

As such, the Forum has chosen to remove the flexibility of allowing CAs to
choose between the options, since nocheck can have equivalent security, and
without the performance and correctness risks.