[cabfpub] [TRANS] CA survey - CT Precertificate format in6962-bis

Rich Smith richard.smith at comodo.com
Fri Oct 3 09:21:57 MST 2014

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-bounces at cabforum.org [mailto:public-bounces at cabforum.org]
> On Behalf Of Stephen Davidson

<snip>
  it goes live in 89 days.
</snip>
[RWS] Unless Ballot 134 fails to pass.  IF that happens, the CAs which issue
EV certificates will have a choice to make.  Either issue pre-certificates
with the same serial number in contravention of the EV Guidelines to comply
with Google's policy, and thereby risk failing their WebTrust or ETSI
compliance audit, OR not issue pre-certificates with the same serial number,
remain in compliance with the EV Guidelines, and let Google deal with the
site operators whose compliant EV certificates no longer work in Chrome.