[cabfpub] Ballot 133 - Insurance Requirements for EV Issuers

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri Oct 3 03:06:37 MST 2014

On 02/10/14 20:47, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> It's likely we'd abstain from such a ballot as presented, or support
> such a ballot that removed the requirement.

This is likely to be our position also. /Pace/ Ben, but we maintain
based on legal advice that this particular insurance requirement (not
the concept of insurance in general!) is extremely unlikely to lead to
practical benefit for anyone. Its presence either has no effect (if CAs
are required to have the insurances already by other bodies) or leads to
increased and unnecessary costs for CAs (if they are not).