[cabfpub] Information Sharing Working Group Draft Ballot -- Please edit

kirk_hall at trendmicro.com kirk_hall at trendmicro.com
Wed Oct 1 16:54:16 MST 2014

At our last F2F meeting in Beijing, there was interest in creating an Information Sharing Working Group, and I volunteered to do the first draft of a Ballot to establish the WG and its assigned tasks.  See below.  I based this in part on Ballot 109, which created the SSL Performance Working Group

Edits are welcome.

- Motion begins -

The CA-Browser Forum shall create a Working Group, to be known as the Information Sharing Working Group.

Scope: the Working Group shall consider all matters relating to voluntary information sharing among Forum Members relating to possible enhanced risk from identified individuals, entities, identities, locations, domains, IP addresses, and other data to be determined in order to allow Members to determine, in their own judgment, whether to undertake additional authentication or other steps before providing products or services to customers.  The Working Group will consider such issues as legal limitations, privacy concerns, methods for updating or correcting information, and other factors that may arise from such information sharing.

Deliverables: The Working Group shall produce one or more documents offering options to the Forum for voluntary information sharing within the scope defined above.

Expiration Date: The Working Group's mandate shall expire twenty-four months from the date this resolution passes, unless extended by a further ballot of the Members, such a ballot to specify the extension period and any necessarily modifications of the scope and deliverables.

... Motion ends ...

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE