[cabfpub] (Eventually) requiring id-kpServerAuth for all certs in the chain?

Kelvin Yiu kelviny at exchange.microsoft.com
Fri Nov 21 17:15:59 UTC 2014

Of course each browser will reserve their right to accept alternative criteria. Microsoft would also assert its right to allow audit government equivalency until the phase out date.

My point is to make the common audit criteria that all browsers say they accept clearer. In theory, allowing the CABF to maintain a list of suitable audit criteria could also create a more open process to review new audit criteria and possibly to phase out audit criteria that has not been keeping up with the latest BR. It will also make it easier for CAs to deal with multiple browser requirements.

Kelvin