[cabfpub] Pre-Ballot - Short-Life Certificates

i-barreira at izenpe.net i-barreira at izenpe.net
Thu Nov 6 14:42:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

1.- I´m giving another point of view of what was indicated as a benefit. You mention the diginotar case that took a month, but some others appearing in 2011 or in the recent years took less than 3 days, or 5 days as much. So, of course, ideal world is not this one, and that´s why this is not a benefit

3.- Of course, I´m not saying the contrary. It´s up to the CA but it´s not a benefit. About voting? What vote? I haven´t seen a ballot for this. I said at the bottom of the email that I´m not against these short-lived certs, but I will if this is with the current BRs which are not allowed. So don´t know why a vote is needed. If Digicert and Mozilla want to implement it as a pilot or test or whatever, do it. But don´t try to impose.

5. Sure, you´re right. But, again, what´s the benefit of doing it? It´s clear that if I don´t want to issue these type of certs I won´t need to do anything. But I´d like to see the same effort in the other side.

9.- well, I was asking more on the wording, so if there´s "no revocation info" then, how you can say that will provide "shorter revocation window"? I think it´s just a wording issue.

And again, I´m not against but don´t understand the voting as I recall there´s no ballot, maybe, I´m missing one number. But in any case it is, the current BRs indicates that the certs must have the AIA, if so, and all has to comply with the BRs, then there´s no voting possible unless you change the BRs. If this is for testing purposes, no problem, I will abstain. But, for the question, is this any less secure? Sure not, but is this any more stronger? Sure not.

Iñigo Barreira
Responsable del Área técnica
i-barreira at izenpe.net
945067705

ERNE! Baliteke mezu honen zatiren bat edo mezu osoa legez babestuta egotea. Mezua badu bere hartzailea. Okerreko helbidera heldu bada (helbidea gaizki idatzi, transmisioak huts egin) eman abisu igorleari, korreo honi erantzuna. KONTUZ!
ATENCION! Este mensaje contiene informacion privilegiada o confidencial a la que solo tiene derecho a acceder el destinatario. Si usted lo recibe por error le agradeceriamos que no hiciera uso de la informacion y que se pusiese en contacto con el remitente.