[cabfpub] Possible new BR on Financial Responsibility -- minimum capital requirements

i-barreira at izenpe.net i-barreira at izenpe.net
Wed Nov 5 09:49:10 UTC 2014

Kirk, I´m not sure about this idea (and didn´t in the EV guidelines) but here are some concerns:

-          If a CA exists the certificate business for whatever reason and cease its operations, according to the most of the European countries law the supervisory body can assign another CA to take over that CA businesses if not reached an agreement before, so no need to have that minimum capital, which by the way is covered when you register/create the company

-          From the ETSI point of view, the standards used to audit CAs are technical standards, based on the CA businesses but this seems more a kind of financial assessment which OTOH every EU company has to do once a year, but done by different auditors or with different standards and schemes.

-          As per the 3 options you indicate I have my concern:

o   What is a liquid asset?

o   What is a quick ratio? How is that measure?

o   Retain earnings? Maybe in the US or for the big ones, but the smallest CAs can´t retain earnings.

-          The current national law on every EU county indicates that every CA has to have an insurance of whatever (it´s on every country to decide the amount) and the new regulation says that we need a “kind of” insurance (still to be developed but it will go on that way). If you´re suggesting not having an insurance, in which all the EU CAs will be obligated to have, but this financial responsibility, that will add another issue for the EU CAs and if the aim is not having so US-centric language and have new/small CAs on board, I think this is going on the contrary

Regards

Iñigo Barreira
Responsable del Área técnica
i-barreira at izenpe.net

945067705

ERNE! Baliteke mezu honen zatiren bat edo mezu osoa legez babestuta egotea. Mezua badu bere hartzailea. Okerreko helbidera heldu bada (helbidea gaizki idatzi, transmisioak huts egin) eman abisu igorleari, korreo honi erantzuna. KONTUZ!
ATENCION! Este mensaje contiene informacion privilegiada o confidencial a la que solo tiene derecho a acceder el destinatario. Si usted lo recibe por error le agradeceriamos que no hiciera uso de la informacion y que se pusiese en contacto con el remitente.