[cabfpub] Pre-Ballot - Short-Life Certificates

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Nov 18 09:50:54 MST 2014

On 18/11/14 16:43, Stephen Davidson wrote:
> I note Mozilla's participation in https://letsencrypt.org/

Indeed. I'm sure plenty of people on this list have things to say about
Let's Encrypt, but it would make most sense for it to be a new top-level
topic on the mailing list. Let's Encrypt has nothing whatsoever to do
with the short-life certificates issue.

As far as I am aware (and I am not involved in their activities, and
neither is Kathleen) they have no plans to issue short-life
certificates. Hints dropped by some in list posts in the last couple of
weeks on this list may suggest that some CAs think differently; all I
can do is assure you that there is no connection.