[cabfpub] about EV period for Gov

Richard Wang richard at wosign.com
Mon Nov 17 23:39:28 MST 2014

Hi all,

We plan to issue EV SSL certificate to government website to prevent spoof site that there is a big problem in China.

But the problem we faced is the too short period that they like to buy 5 years cert. Sure, I know it is not allowed even in OV SSL.  Could we move EV re-vetting for governments to 39 months (3 years + 3 months) because they are “permanent” and the information doesn’t change very often? This rule can be for .gov.cn domain only in China, for .gov in USA etc.

I checked many USA government sites are using EV SSL like CIA and UK Companies House.

Best Regards,

Richard Wang

WoSign CA Limited

www.wosign.com<http://www.wosign.com/>

Tel: +86-755-2602-7858

This email is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please contact the sender immediately by return email. Please then delete the email and do not disclose its contents to any person. Thank you.