[cabfpub] (Eventually) requiring id-kpServerAuth for all certs in the chain?

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu Nov 13 13:45:42 MST 2014

Jeremy,

that language is hardly normative, nor are there normative restrictions on
it, nor would it adversely affect the algorithm of RFC 5280 Section 6 (and
indeed, if someone was enforcing that CAs not have the EKU, they'd be
violating Section 6.1 para3)

While the algorithm could be extended to include checks for
> conformance to the profiles in Sections 4 and 5, this profile
> RECOMMENDS against including such checks.

So I'm not sure I fully understand your concern.