[cabfpub] Ballot 122 - Verified Method of Communication

Sigbjørn Vik sigbjorn at opera.com
Fri May 9 09:14:14 UTC 2014

On 09-May-14 11:00, Gervase Markham wrote:
> On 09/05/14 03:01, Jeremy Rowley wrote:
>> Considering we have an actual case where a country is getting rid of
>> land lines (Norway)
>
> I don't doubt you, but I'm interested. [citation needed]?

It has started already, some areas no longer have access to landlines.
The last landlines will be disconnected in 2017.

News article from shortly after the first municipality lost landlines:
http://www.vaksdalposten.no/nyhet.cfm?nyhetid=1836

Some PR summary of the evaluation of the first municipality having lost it:
http://www.kokom.no/iktforum/Presentasjoner2014/telenor.pdf

Some random newspaper article from last year:
http://www.nrk.no/trondelag/mot-slutten-for-fasttelefonen-1.10856400

--
Sigbjørn Vik
Opera Software