[cabfpub] Revisiting CAA

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Fri May 2 08:43:36 MST 2014

That's a really tall order, Kirk, given that we don't have CT, and thus the
people who care about misissuance have no idea how frequently (or not) CAs
are misissuing.

On May 2, 2014 8:40 AM, "kirk_hall at trendmicro.com" <kirk_hall at trendmicro.com>
wrote:

> Can anyone identify one case -- even one -- of mis-issuance of a
certificate by a CA that would have been prevented by CAA?  (I can't think
of one.)

Behalf Of Gervase Markham
> Sent: Friday, May 02, 2014 2:07 AM
> To: Rick Andrews; public at cabforum.org
> Subject: Re: [cabfpub] Revisiting CAA
>
> On 01/05/14 23:26, Rick Andrews wrote:
> > I’m attaching Phillip’s original proposal for CAA and Jeremy’s
> > suggestion for enhancement. Here’s my proposal.
>
> I think the proposal is good, although the scare quotes around
"procedure" are unnecessarily perjorative. If our plan is not to mandate
that CAs explicitly honour CAA, then we should not seem to sneer at those
who don't. So we should remove the words "(although not desirable)" too.
Let's not try and have it both ways.