[cabfpub] Ballot 112 - Replace Definition of "Internal Server Name" with "Internal Name"

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri Mar 21 10:16:48 UTC 2014

On 20/03/14 18:39, Ben Wilson wrote:
> 1. REPLACE the Definition of "Internal Server Name" in the Baseline
> Requirements by DELETING the current definition and INSERTING the following:
>
> Internal Name:  A string of characters (not an IP address) in a Common
> Name or Subject Alternative Name field of a Certificate that cannot be
> verified as globally unique within the public DNS at the time of
> certificate issuance because it does not end with a Top Level Domain
> registered in IANA’s Root Zone Database.

I notice this says "registered". Is it the intent of this motion to
change the conditions surrounding the revocation of
previously-Internal-Name certificates which happen to end with new
gTLDs, such that instead of having to start that process at contract
signing time, the process now starts at root zone insertion time?