[cabfpub] [Trans] What's the load on a CT log?

Ben Laurie benl at google.com
Thu Mar 13 10:54:15 MST 2014

On 13 March 2014 16:31, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
> And i agree this seems like a win.  Why was the API broken into three
> parts instead of the complete proof originally?  what (other than
> conceptual cleanliness) might we lose by creating the optimized API?

Forgot to answer this part - it was broken up purely for conceptual
cleanness. I'd probably leave the independent APIs but introduce a new
do-everything-at-once API.

There are actually good reasons to combine them anyway when you're
looking at a load-balanced setup (skew between servers may cause some
calls to fail - e.g. I get an STH from one server, then try to get
audit against that STH from another that is slightly behind, which
will fail).