[cabfpub] Rough Outline of Agenda for F2F

Ben Wilson ben at digicert.com
Wed Jun 11 03:13:25 UTC 2014

All,

I'm still working on the agenda, but here are some additions:

We'll review/discuss NIST's NISTIR 7924 draft 2 Reference CP and NIST 800-52
Rev. 1.

We should address SHA1 again - I think we need to encourage CAs to have
documented strategies for moving customers over to SHA2.  It might be nice
for us to know that all of those SHA-1 end-entity certificates that are
being issued up until 2016 (if valid beyond 2016), do not need to be
replaced/reissued (for example, because the CA has also been issuing SHA-2
certificates that are ready to be put in place in 2017).

OCSP Stapling is also a concern that I'd like to discuss, given that uptake
by servers running on Linux is still less than 2%.  We ought to think about
how we can encourage users on Apache and nginx to upgrade and enable TLS
1.2, OCSP stapling, and make any other configuration improvements.

Thanks,

Ben