[cabfpub] Ballot 121 (insurance)

Moudrick M. Dadashov md at ssc.lt
Mon Jun 9 20:34:35 UTC 2014

Thanks, Rick

Just to summarize where are we now, I see four different approaches:
1) Leave it as is;
2) State a "business" requirement that potentially can be resolved by
appropriate insurance provisions (no absolute figures, ETSI style);
3) Ballot 121;
4) decrease existing absolute figures, how about 3 mln. Euro ok?

Obviously 3) can be combined with 2) but not with 1) or 3).
Also worth mentioning, for some CAs insurance is a measure of "product
quality", if we eliminate it, those CAs may have a negative "side effect".

To my surprise PCI DSS doesn't state any direct insurance requirements.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
M.D.