[cabfpub] Certificate Transparency and Chromium (and Google Chrome)

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Fri Jun 27 11:44:21 MST 2014

Following yesterday's call, there were several questions from CAs about the
appropriate venues for discussions related to Certificate Transparency,
both on a technical nature and related to policies that Chromium/Google
Chrome have.

For technical discussions, we would encourage participation in the IETF
TRANS WG <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trans>, which was
responsible for discussion of RFC 6962, and now for discussion of 6962bis.

For policy discussions related to Chromium's policies and support for
Certificate Transparency, we're happy to announce a new mailing list,
ct-policy at chromium.org (via Google Groups
<https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!forum/ct-policy>) , that
should be used. Participation is open, and we welcome all questions and
discussions related to these policies.

In addition to the mailing list, information about Certificate Transparency
within Chromium, including the CT Log Inclusion Policy that Log Operators
must adhere to for having a log included within Chromium, is now available
at
https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/Home/chromium-security/certificate-transparency

Thanks for the patience, and we look forward to continuing the vibrant
discussion regarding Certificate Transparency.