[cabfpub] Pre-Ballot 125 - CAA Records

Phillip Hallam-Baker philliph at comodo.com
Mon Jul 21 11:37:09 MST 2014

Over and above any other DNS record that already exists...

CAA records are much smaller than DNSSEC records. And the whole amplification attack meme is pretty silly since virtually all network hardware is going to find the overhead of packet processing much higher than payload processing. Sure there might be a DNS server that can saturate its output bandwidth, those certainly existed in the 1990s. But these days its actually quite rare.