[cabfpub] Pre-Ballot 125 - CAA Records

Rick Andrews Rick_Andrews at symantec.com
Tue Jul 15 12:04:50 MST 2014

I agree with Geoff. CAs will typically issue a DNS query for just CAA records, not ANY. And if you're worried about the impact to the client that's looking up the address for www.example.com<http://www.example.com> in DNS, they also will not be affected by the addition of CAA records because they'll be asking for A or AAAA records, not ANY.

I believe there's no technical size concern here. I think the original comment came from Sigbjørn at Opera. If you're still on the list, Siggy, would you please comment? Or perhaps someone else from Opera can comment?

I know of no other issues, so perhaps we can proceed with balloting this?

-Rick