[cabfpub] Ballot 110 - Motion to Adopt Version 1.1 of the Bylaws

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Jan 21 04:52:59 MST 2014

On 20/01/14 16:38, Dean Coclin wrote:
> My understanding is that the working group lists are not public.

That's surprising to me; I believe that the intent was that they would
be, and that (as Wayne notes) the bylaws seem to suggest that view also.
"Managed in the same fashion as the Public Mail List" implies that they
are, you know, public :-) Otherwise it would have said "Management Mail
List".

Having them as public also resolves the tension that has been pointed
out on this thread - the "inform the main list" function is then only
one of notification, not disclosure, and people can always go looking
for more information if they want it.

So if they aren't public, perhaps we should fix that.