[cabfpub] Updated Certificate Transparency + Extended Validation plan

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Tue Feb 4 19:10:13 UTC 2014

I do not think this is correct.  The number of proofs actually increases as you decrease validity periods. A 2-year certificate only lets the customer skip a year in the renewal process.  A 2-year certificate will lower the number of certificates logged by one (since the customer would need to log two 1-year certificates instead of one 2-year certificate). The number of domains requiring a certificate identifies the quantity of proofs, not the number of certificates actually issued.

Jeremy