[cabfpub] CT discussion at CABF

Rob Stradling rob.stradling at comodo.com
Fri Feb 21 09:41:45 MST 2014

The client update rate isn't particularly relevant to CT.  "Pre-CT"
clients won't stop working once CT is deployed.  And even if Chrome is
the only browser that ever implements CT, it will still provide some
level of herd immunity to users of other browsers: detecting
misissuances faster helps everyone.

In my view, the big problem is the painfully slow rate at which servers
get updated.  It's because of this problem that Precertificates exist.

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist

COMODO CA Limited, Registered in England No. 04058690
Registered Office:
   3rd Floor, 26 Office Village, Exchange Quay,
   Trafford Road, Salford, Manchester M5 3EQ

addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender by replying to the e-mail containing this attachment. Replies to
this email may be monitored by COMODO for operational or business
reasons. Whilst every endeavour is taken to ensure that e-mails are free
from viruses, no liability can be accepted and the recipient is
requested to use their own virus checking software.