[cabfpub] Post-Ballot 110 Bylaw Issues

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Thu Feb 6 08:30:33 MST 2014

Actually I don't think that's how we concluded. The company in question that began with a "C" did not meet the CA criteria because they did not have a publicly trusted root that issued SSL or code signing certs. Also, they did not meet the definition of browser. But they did manage a root store that had a large "footprint".  So we agreed to admit them as an Interested Party (provided they signed the IPR) until we had a chance to discuss the categories again at the F2F meeting.