[cabfpub] [therightkey] Updated Certificate Transparency + Extended Validation plan

Adam Langley agl at chromium.org
Wed Feb 5 10:17:59 MST 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman at vpnc.org> wrote:
> The CT work seems to be based on the idea that other CAs exist, and even that CABForum members might not follow the CABForum rules. Those seem like good assumptions to me.

In this case I think the table was drafted with all certificates in
mind and we didn't remove the inapplicable rows when just considering
EV certificates.

In general, CAs that issue outside of the Baseline are skating on thin
ice whether they are CA/B Forum members or not. We can (and do)
enforce Baseline limits in software.

Cheers

AGL