[cabfpub] Breach Insurance

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Dec 22 17:25:37 UTC 2014

On 22/12/14 17:05, Moudrick M. Dadashov wrote:
> I'm afraid this is not an accurate assumption, actually the auditors
> require ***full*** EVG compliance.

I'm afraid I don't understand your point.

I am saying that if I decide to have "Gerv EV", which requires all CAs
implementing it to change their logos to include a picture of a banana,
then there is no requirement whatsoever for the CAB Forum to update the
EV Guidelines to make the banana thing a requirement for all CAs. That
remains true even if (say) over half of the CAs in the forum choose to
implement Gerv EV and so implement the banana-logo requirement.

What I do (or anyone else does) with CAB Forum standards, external to
the CAB Forum, cannot force the CAB Forum's hand about what it should do.

Does that make sense?

Gerv