[cabfpub] Breach Insurance

i-barreira at izenpe.net i-barreira at izenpe.net
Mon Dec 22 13:17:16 UTC 2014

Well, the problem for the majority of the EU CAs is that the insurance is mandatory. The new regulation does no say "how much money" but the countries under the current national law. And for example, most of them are about 3 millions €, so to issue EVs only half a million more need to be added to my insurance, so about or less than a thousand € to pay additionally. So, if the EV insurance is removed we´ve only saved less than a thousand euros per year, so basically, peanuts.
I´m not saying is bad or good,  a barrier for others, etc. but in Europe according to the new regulation an insurance is mandatory for the QCs.

Iñigo Barreira
Responsable del Área técnica
i-barreira at izenpe.net
945067705