[cabfpub] Reasons in support of Ballot 141

N. Atilla Biler atilla.biler at turktrust.com.tr
Thu Dec 11 09:18:10 MST 2014

Of course by saying that “Again this means, for instance, a bigger CA which has 100.000 active OV SSLs in the market will need to be liable for 500 million USD.”, I do not mean misissuing this much SSL.

What I’m interpreting from Kirk’s ballot is, for this much active (and healthy) SSL in usage, I somehow need to guarantee the 5000 USD per SSL financial liability which totals 500.000 USD, just in case.

So, there should be a clear interpretation of the ballot statement “CAs must retain minimum potential liability for DV certs of at least $2,000, for OV certs $5,000, and for EV certs $10,000.”.

Question: What exactly does a CA having 100.000 active OV SSLs “must retain” as a financial requirement according to this ballot?