[cabfpub] Ballot 142 - Elimination of EV Insurance Requirement

Eddy Nigg eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Thu Dec 4 02:28:17 MST 2014

On 12/03/2014 04:44 AM, kirk_hall at trendmicro.com wrote:
> Both ballots can proceed together, but I would urge members to vote
> yes on both, as we are removing one intended financial responsibility
> safeguard (EV insurance, which we have come to see is not very
> effective) and should substitute another  more valuable financial
> responsibility safeguard (limiting a CA's ability to disclaim all
> liability for its mis-issued certs that cause damage to subscribers
> and the public).

It's clear to me that we'll support the ballot of Gerv (finally after
two failed ones) we can get this done.

For yours or similar ballots I believe we need much more time and
discussion to understand and vote on it. Replacing something bad with
something equally bad wouldn't be exactly what I want - but I don't know
yet since it clearly has to be studied and evaluated first.

--
Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO