[cabfpub] Baseline Requirements as part of browers programs

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Thu Apr 3 23:15:39 UTC 2014

Fair points, although I think they show the weaknesses of having a rigid and globally-applicable IPR policy over a real need to abandon the CAB Forum’s current work product.  The Forum will always have issues of discussion of less interest to certain members than others, including issues addressed within the BRs and EV Guidelines (see technical constraints for an example where DigiCert didn’t have strong opinions).  If we require every member to be interested in every topic, the only agenda item for every meeting would be OV v. DV, and maybe not even that! Because not everything can be interesting to all companies, a lack of interest by a couple of members shouldn’t be grounds for exclusion of a topic.  Besides, the structure of the voting and endorsement requirements are  already a safeguard that ensure the Forum doesn’t  waste time or address uninteresting topics.

Jeremy