[cabfpub] [cabfman] Ballot 117 - EV Code Signing Guidelines Corrections

Eddy Nigg eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Fri Apr 4 13:03:59 MST 2014

On 04/03/2014 12:08 PM, Gervase Markham wrote:
> We think it is certainly
> questionable as to whether this standard has achieved enough industry
> interest on either side of the fence to continue being a work product of
> the CAB Forum.

True, but there are probably reasons for it - as an example we have
issues with at least two items before we can support the EV guidelines
for code signing certificates. I believe it's upon the CAs like
ourselves to introduce possible changes to the guidelines in order to
get higher adoption.

In any case I prefer guidelines that were developed by the forum
transparently than behind closed doors between one vendor and two CAs.
Therefor the working group and general effort is certainly beneficial.

--
Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO