[cabfpub] Deprecating support for long-lived certificates

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Tue Sep 3 15:58:10 MST 2013

On 09/02/2013 01:48 PM, From Rob Stradling:
> The BRs "Effective Date" was July 1st 2012, but I've never been sure
> what exactly came into effect on that date, given the "not
> mandatory...until...adopted and enforced" sentence I quoted previously!

So what did you do in your case? Or what did you do to clarify it? I'm
sure you must have had some thoughts and decisions...

I'd say that the effective date is as per BR - it was already clear
before that software vendors will adopt it, in particular Mozilla which
was heavily involved during the discussions.

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
	StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
XMPP: 	startcom at startcom.org <xmpp:startcom at startcom.org>