[cabfpub] Discussion Draft for Revisions to Bylaws

Robert Relyea rrelyea at redhat.com
Thu Oct 17 11:38:17 MST 2013

On 10/15/2013 04:46 PM, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> As expressed previously, I do have concerns about the definition of
> browser.
>
> For example, if I write a popular mobile application for Android and
> iOS that is downloaded by 10 million users, and which uses SSL/TLS to
> update an online leaderboard, it would appear that under the current
> definition of browser, I would qualify (and, presumably, as a
> voting-eligible member).

It seems that the critical think from the browser participation on the
board is what the browser does with the certs. Part of that is running
the root program, part of that is the code deciding that a particular
cert should be treated as revoked, or given EV treatment. All of these
are directly affected by the specs produced by the board.

bob