[cabfpub] SHA-1 changes and certificate lifetimes

Tom Albertson tomalb at microsoft.com
Wed Nov 13 16:00:02 UTC 2013

Gerv wrote:
[1] Citation needed; but I've seen this quoted in several places _______________________________________________

An appropriate reference for the north of 98% figure for the installed base of SHA1 certs would be the academic paper out of the University of Michigan, "Analysis of the HTTPS Certificate Ecosystem", Table 9 at  http://conferences.sigcomm.org/imc/2013/papers/imc257-durumericAemb.pdf.  They performed a very wide scan of certs with findings that correlate to our private scans.

Tom