[cabfpub] Upcoming changes to Google Chrome's certificate handling

Rob Stradling rob.stradling at comodo.com
Fri Nov 8 11:22:10 UTC 2013

On 07/11/13 19:44, Jeremy Rowley wrote:
> Although we appreciate Rick’s and Erwann’s points (and agree with a few
> of them), DigiCert still strongly supports CT.  Speaking from experience
> (as we already make CT available to customers),

Jeremy, I'm curious, how exactly do you "make CT available to customers"
already, in any meaningful way?

No browsers trust any CT logs yet.

AFAIK, Google's Pilot CT Log won't necessarily become one of the
Production CT Logs that will be trusted by CT-enabled Chrome.

<snip>
> 10)Mandate.   We believe Google should require CT for all certs, not
> just EV.

So do Google.

"Once we have gained experience with EV certificates we will publish a
plan to bring CT to all certificates."

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist