[cabfpub] Teleconference Agenda

Ryan Hurst ryan.hurst at globalsign.com
Wed Nov 6 16:23:57 UTC 2013

We are one of the CAs that offer this as an option.

We generate the associated keys in a HSM.

For distributing the key material we use a split secret as the password for a PKCS12 where one part is randomly generated and the other is supplied by the customer.

We never store these values.

The PKCS12 is downloaded by the customer in their authenticated session over SSL.

Once downloaded we delete the PKCS12.

We offer this for the reasons that Erwann calls out.

Sometimes customers are not in a situation where they can control the software or hardware that is used on the machines where one would want them to generate keys in a perfect world.

I also agree that Dual_EC_DRBG is a totally separate issue from the NIST curves but I also would like to see us in a position to include other ECC curves.

http://safecurves.cr.yp.to

Ryan Hurst
Chief Technology Officer
GMO Globalsign

twitter: @rmhrisk
email: ryan.hurst at globalsign.com
phone: 206-650-7926

Sent from my phone, please forgive the brevity.