[cabfpub] Teleconference Agenda

Håvard Molland haavardm at opera.com
Wed Nov 6 13:59:08 UTC 2013

On 11/05/2013 10:16 PM, Ben Wilson wrote:
> Besides reviewing working group status, new web site, and draft
> bylaws, which I'll send out soon, what other hot topics should we add
> to Thursday's discussion?  Remember, it will be an hour earlier for
> most of you.

I would like that we discuss that some CAs generate the site
certificate's private key for their customers.  It is my opinion that
this breaks the trust model and, especially in the light of recent
events, I believe this is a bad practice.

We could also discuss elliptic curves and recent worries that certain
curve constants might have been manipulated:
http://slashdot.org/submission/2947823/are-the-nist-standard-elliptic-curves-back-doored

Regards,
Håvard