[cabfpub] CAA "issue" addresses wildcard issuance ? (was: CAA records on opera.com)

Phillip Hallam-Baker philliph at comodo.com
Tue Nov 26 06:49:57 MST 2013

Remember that CAA records grant permission. The reason that the issuewild record was added is that some people said they wanted to make issue of wildcard certs more restrictive than issue of non-wildcard or enforce a ‘no wildcard certs’ policy.

The intention was that the issue property would cover wildcard certs unless there was a specific statement about wildcard certs.

Perhaps we should put in a clarifcatory errata.